Member of the Software/Firmware cable
modem design team in a start up developing
leading edge integrated ICs for the consumer
market. This position is for a MAC protocol
staff engineer, responsible for the
architecture, design, and validation of MAC
protocols for our system on a chip ICs. The
candidate must be an expert in both IP and
MAC protocols and have a firm understanding
of underlying PHY layers. The candidate must
also understand QoS and how MAC protocols
and system architectures influence it. The
candidate must be a creative problem solver
with personal design experience in an
industry MAC protocols. Work closely with
the physical layer engineers to ensure an
efficient hardware/firmware partitioning.
Design a system simulation model of both
sides of cable network, simulating the
MAC-to-MAC, MAC-to-APPLICATION, and
MAC-to-PHYSICAL layers, and use it to
design, verify and debug the system.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science B.S.C degree.
- Direct experience with designing and validating MAC protocols
- Expert understanding of TCP and IP
- Understanding of PHY layers
- Good analytical skills
- MAC/Network simulation experience
- Excellent documentation and writing skills
- C and Assembly language programming skills.
- Good communications skills
- Experience with the DOCSIS MAC layer.
- Understanding of QoS.
University grades pre-requisite
- Technion/Tel-Aviv University graduates GPA over 80.
- Other Universities, GPA over 90.
- Horizon's headquarters, Herzliya, Israel.
The position applies for both men/women.
Please send potential applicant's CV's to: