Primary responsibility is the management of
the team that defines, builds and supports the Information Technology
Infrastructure team and will work with various functional areas on
gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and assimilating an
ERP system as well as collaborating with the IT team responsible for
Linux/Windows technologies that will enable the organization to work
effectively and productively. The employee will define, document and
implement strategy, direction and architectures for worldwide Linux
& Windows server systems. This requires extensive and broad
functional experience with server hardware, core Linux/Windows
operating system services, Microsoft server applications, and Business
The employee will be responsible for managing the
planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining all
ERP related technology from assimilation to maintenance, as well as
managing IT personnel responsible for Linux/Windows server hardware and
software maintenance. Experience across a range of complex
architectures and a wide range of platforms and mediums is preferred.
The IT environment includes Windows XP/2000/2003, personal computers,
laptops, Cisco Switches and Routers, Linux/Solaris Servers and various
management utilities. The engineer will be expected to manage the
design, plan, and implement new technologies into current operating
environment. Test and evaluate future looking technologies by
participating in beta tests of given technologies.
- Look for ways to provide enhancements to existing
Linux/Windows services. Make recommendations, define the ROI, and
implement these improvements using an accepted change control
- Define and follow standards and best practices for
Linux/Windows design, testing, and implementation methodology. Document
- Collaborate with the IT team which are responsible for:
- Monitor, maintain, upgrade, support & repair the Linux/Windows server infrastructure as required.
deploy, fine tune, monitor, and troubleshoot server hardware, the
Linux/Windows server operating system, and other technology platforms.
Provide training to regional site staff for same.
- Assembling, installation, problem diagnostics and troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Assistance in administration of windows and UNIX/Linux systems and network administration.
- Installation, configuration and support of Linux/Solaris/Windows servers.
and configuration of Solaris running on Sun Sparc servers for functions
backup, mail, DNS, application, file, proxy, license and etc.
- Installation and configuration of Linux running on AMD-Opteron servers for functions application, compute servers and etc.
- Help desk serving Company employees/customers.
- Supporting the network on connectivity issues relating to TCP/IP and troubleshooting network issues.
- Additional responsibilities include monitoring of the network, servers, second level troubleshooting.
- Experience in designing, implementing and assimilating of ERP Systems.
Experience in defining and implementing large-scale and complex reliable Linux/Windows environments a must.
working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade,
manage, and troubleshoot) Windows server operating systems, IIS 6.0,
and Microsoft SQL. Knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP and VMWare
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as
Microsoft Sharepoint technologies, Microsoft Reporting Services, and
Microsoft Biztalk Server desired.
- Must have experience with UNIX/Linux products and
LAN/WAN networking technologies, with UNIX and Linux. Cisco
certification is a plus.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and need minimal direction.
- Must be an adaptable, creative self starter with a high degree of analytical, technical skills and decision making skills.
strategic planning, project management, organizational and time
management skills to handle multiple complex enterprise-scale complex
projects simultaneously are a must.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
and candidate must have the ability to communicate with
internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal
and informal situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to team well with peers, customers, project managers, and vendors.
- Must be self motivated, and self directed.
- Be able to manage vendors, consultants, or peer team members to fulfill the above functions and responsibilities.
- Must have extensive experience in MS Windows systems, and UNIX/Linux OS.
- Well acquainted with PC Compatibles (assembling, installation, problem diagnostics and troubleshooting).
- MCSE certification an advantage.
position entails working in a fast-paced environment with savvy and
demanding clients, high standards and heavy workload. Qualified
candidates must possess exceptional analytical and communication skills
(both Hebrew & English), be capable of providing sound, practical
advice in response to complex and rapidly changing conditions, and be
able to make a positive contribution to a very collegial working
- The position entails substantial autonomy and
therefore must be able to work in a self-sufficient manner with
clients, but also frequently will need to work collaboratively with
other team members across disciplines.
- Self- motivated, hard-working team player with a
can do attitude with demonstrated business acumen and ability to
interact with a demanding leadership team.
University grades pre-requisite
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or Information System Engineering/ Industrial Management Engineering.
- Technion/Tel-Aviv, GPA over 85.
- Other Universities, GPA over 90.
|Horizons headquarters, Herzliya,
The position applies for both men/women.
Please send potential applicant's CV's
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org